HOW TO USE OUR AD DEMO
Please follow the below instructions:
Using this demo you can post ads with photos, video, face book badge, full unlimited description, spam safe email, web site address link, email, company name etc. All fields are optional so if you do not have a video, twitter, my space or face book account, simply leave it blank.
** For Businesses who have registered and paid we offer a free service to post their ads for them. This simply means that if you are unsure of how to post your ads, do not have the time etc this service simply lets you contact our support team from with-in the members area and they will do it all for you. For further details, please Contact Us for more information.
To Post An Ad Using The Demo:
Please remember that this is a demo. You will not be able to submit your ad but you will be able to see what it will look like using the preview. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to Contact Us.
01. Go to the demo ad page and scroll down and choose/click on any relative category to your business or service.
02. Once you have done this a new page will appear where you can start to design your ad.
03. The first box you will see is 'City'. This is just a demo so simply choose any City.
04. Your Website Address. Add your website address - If you have one. This can be the domain name (ex: www.example.com) or sub domain name ( ex: www.example.com/promotion.html ). You can also add your website address and extract the information from that page by clicking on the 'Extract Info' tab. This will populate the title, 'Meta Description' and 'Meta Keywords' boxes.
** Please remember that IF you extract the title of your website please make sure that you edit it because this will also be your link address. You do not want 10 words etc. Keep it 3/4 words in total. Just your company name or use a few keywords
Full Meta Description.
( Meta description simply means the full description of your business / ad that the search engines will extract and use to promote your business / ad - This is not the description that will show up on your ad )
hotel name, hotel, accommodation, budget, cheap, street name, bolton, manchester, greater manchester, england, (etc etc)
07. Ad Title / Business Name: Next is the 'Listing Title / Business Name'. Here you can add your business name or short title explaining your business. This will also be the link used for direct access to your page. Please remember to think of your title carefully due to you can not change this, and if you do change it, it will become a new link meaning that it will also be a new page so the search engine will have to crawl the page again and you will loose all your past marketing.
You can either just use your Business name as in example one below or add some keywords like in example two below.
Example 1: The below shows you a example where they used 'Charity Rocks' as the title. The town/city is automatically inserted in the link when you publish your ad(s) so you do not have to add the place Town or City in your title.
Example 2: This example is for a recording studio in the borough of Cabot in Bristol. For their title they used the words 'Artist Recording Studio And Music School Bristol' due to the borough of Cabot is already inserted in the link.
We advise you to keep the link title short.
** Please remember that the text/words used in your business ad as the title is what the search engines use to market your page so IF your business was a Hotel in Manchester it would be wise to have the title as 'Your Name Hotel'. As soon as you have added these (Or similar) words as your title, these keywords along with the word 'Manchester' would be your web link. As above, the town/city is automatically inserted in the link when you publish your ad(s) so you do not have to add the word 'Manchester' in your title. This basically applies to all businesses.
08. Email: (The same email that you registered with will be used for all your ads and for people to contact you. This email can not change until you contact us and request this)
09. Description Of Ad / Business: Here you can add the full description of your business or ad. This can be as many words as you wish.
* It is important that you add all the words in the description that you wish to be found when someone is search the directory.
Example: If you were a driving instructor in Camden in Greater London you will want to include the words; driving, instructor, instructors, drive, lessons, lesson, school, test, learn, London, Camden etc.
** If you add 'driving' but not the word 'instructors', you will not be found if a customer searches for 'driving instructors', but you will be found if the customer searches for just 'driving'.
Just think of as many words that describes your business/service and make your description around these words.
* Please also be advised that if you copy/paste text from a word/text document a pop up box may appear concerning your clipboard. Here simply click on 'Access'.
10. Price (£): Do not ad anything here if you do not sell only one product etc.
A. You can just add your twitter ID name here if you wish using the below code. All you have to do is change the yourID to your twitter ID and copy the code into the twitter box.
<p><a target="_blank" href="http://www.twitter.com/yourID">http://www.twitter.com/trwuk</a></p>
B. To add the below animated twitter image as your link, simply change the yourID to your twitter ID and copy the code into the twitter box.
<p><a target="_blank" href="http://twitter.com/yourtwitterID"> <img border="0" src="http://www.britishbusinessfinder.com/images/twitter.gif" width="160" height="38"></a></p>
** If you do not have or use twitter, simply leave this blank.
13. My Space: You can can just add your My Space ID name here if you wish but to add a image, simply copy the text below, open a text doc / word doc and paste the below code into the doc. once you have done this make the code into one line (Not two lines like below) leaving a space between the <img src= and then replace the below 'yourname' part with your 'My Space' ID text with your ID. Once you have done this simply copy the full line of code into the My Space box on your ad page.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/yorname" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.britishbusinessfinder.com/myspace.bmp" border="0" /></a>
** If you do not have or use 'My Space', simply leave this blank.
14. Video Link: If you have any business or promotional video links on you tube etc, you can add the link here.
** Please remember that If you wish to post a video link and your video is on 'You Tube', please go to www.youtube.com (or where you have your video), right click on the video and a scroll down menu will appear. Then click on 'Copy Video URL' then paste it into the video link when you set up a new ad.
** If you do not have any video links then leave this blank.
15. Your Full Business Address: Full business name, street address, City, Country and post code. This will then appear on Google Maps on your ad.
** Once you have filled if everything, just click on the 'Preview Ad' and then you will be able to see what your ad will look like. Then if you are happy with the ad you can normally submit it and it will go live straight away. If you wish to add / edit your ad, you can simply click on the 'Modify' button and change / edit the ad.
The above is the basic instructions to post / edit using this demo.
How many photos can I have on my ad.
How many categories can I post my ad too ?
** You are be able to post your business ad in up to 2 categories per County, City/Town/Suburb where your business, service or shop is located. You are be able to post your business ad in up to 4 Counties, Towns, Cities or suburbs. A total of 4 ads can be posted and 2 categories per ad..
** If you have more than one office / shop etc, and these are location in another City / Town or even other County, this is not a problem. One business member can post up to 4 ads in Cities / Countries and be able to modify/edit their all their ads. If you require more areas to post your ads, please contact our Sales.
** If you have offices or other Cities, Towns or Counties each ad is posted separately so once you have posted your first business ad page if you want to post another business ad in another City/Town or County you will have to go to the 'Add New Listing' link and go through the same process of Choosing a County, then City/Town and then sub category.
** You can post basic ads with link title / business name, photos, full descriptions, telephone/mobile, email, web site address link ( This can be your website address or a page that you have on another website such as: theirname.com/yourpage.html ), company name and full address (To show on Google maps with street view). Optional things that you can add to your page are: Video, Twitter link, My Space link and Face Book badge. All are optional so if you do not have some of these you can leave them out.
If you have any questions that are not answered above or on this page or you want to suggest any changes / things that you would like to see added to your ad page, please feel free to Contact Us